Tips for Choosing Mens Wedding Suits
August 12, 2019
Unlike women, men are usually less fussy when it comes to clothing but you must spend time and even become fastidious when selecting the wedding suit. Needless to say, choosing the right men’s wedding suit is an important part of the wedding planning. Groom’s wedding suits come in many designs, colors and styles. Wedding is indeed an important day in your entire lifetime and it is only to be expected that you appear in your best suit on that occasion.
Shopping for mens wedding suits can be intimidating as the choice is far too wide. You must choose the wedding suit based on the wedding formality – formal or semi-formal wedding. Here are some invaluable tips for selecting your wedding suit.
* As soon as the marriage date is fixed, begin exploring the malls and stores in your neighborhood. The earlier you start scouting for the wedding suits the greater will be your lead time. Look for the cuts and styles that fascinate you and also remember your budget.
* You must choose the color that blends well with your skin tone. You can discuss your choice of color with your bride to make sure that it matches the color of her wedding gown. The most popular colors are white, gray and black for a man’s suit.
* The suit has to be perfectly stitched so that you are totally comfortable wearing it. Make sure you to try your suit and move around a bit to ensure the fit is perfect. Remember you will also dance with your guests and you should move your legs with ease.
* The design of the suit must go well with your personality. You must bestow attention to the style and cuts and were something trendy as fashions keep changing.
* Make sure the jacket fits properly in the shoulders and if it does not, the suit is not worth wearing. Never be misled whatever the seller may tell you. The sleeves should end at the hinge of your wrist so that your dress-shirt cuff peeps out.
* When selecting the fabric of your suit, you must consider the weather. For a summer wedding, you must choose a light fabric and wool, tweeds or cashmere for a winter wedding. Whatever the season of the wedding, opt for the wrinkle-free fabric. You can also choose microfibers and polyester, which appear trendy and linen is favored by many.
* Avoid as far as possible buying your suit online. There can be no assurance that you will receive your suit in time for your wedding. Even if you receive it early, there is no guarantee about the stitching and you may not have the time to alter or exchange it for another.
* If you decide on a custom-made wedding suit, select the fabric and fix the tailor at least a month in advance – so that you have ample time for alterations
* Make sure the tailoring is done in such a way that goes well with your physical frame. Any oversized or undersized suit will make you look clownish. It is worthwhile to have your suit altered by an experienced professional tailor. Your suit needs to be tailored to your body and there can be no compromise.